This is a non-exhaustive list of topics covered by this workshop. Other topics of interest related to research and development of embedded vision systems are also welcome.
- Architectures for image understanding, sound recognition, and other sensory modalities
- Signal and image processing architectures
- Configurable and FPGA-based perception architectures
- Parallel architectures and algorithms for smart camera
- Smart sensors and sensor fusion
- VLSI perception systems
- Embedded use of perception systems
- Architectural performance evaluation
- Distributed processing for perception systems
- Languages, software environments and programming tools
- Mapping of sensor fusion, image processing and computer vision algorithms onto hardware accelerators (FPGA, DSP, AI accelerators, ...)
- Software & hardware co-design for perception systems
- Vision and multisensor perception
- Architectures and protocols for camera networks
- Embedded vision programming
- Deep learning in embedded vision
As a Collaborative Workshop, WASC has the following properties:
- WASC is an annual event,
- Submissions are non-reviewed abstracts, no proceedings are edited,
- This year, WASC will be a 3-day online workshop, organized using Zoom. Participation is free but registration is required.
- Because of an online schedule, talks are limited to 20 minutes, with 5 minutes for questions.
- Presentations can include tutorials on tools as well as demos. To avoid Murphy’s Law (potentially causing delays in the time schedule), we ask that presenters pre-record their demo in advance. The prerecorded demos can be streamed using screen sharing.
- One can present on-going work before results are obtained, as well as negative results.
- The main objectives of WASC are idea sharing, consortia building, collaboration and networking.
- WASC is linked to a journal special issue (this year: MDPI Sensors, 5-year impact factor 3.014) and participants are invited to submit to the special issue.
- Submission of abstracts: by Dec 6, 2020.
Update: late submissions are still welcome - fill in the registration form and send your paper abstract to wasc2020 `at' lists.ugent.be.
- Registration: by Dec 11, 2020